Friday, November 13, 2009

last night during discipleship training we talked about the assurance that Christians have that their prayers will be answered.
The example P.Cliff gave about George Mueller blew me away. He prayed SO much that the carpet in his office had holes in them.
Father can You help me to be like that Lord? I long to desire and love spending time with You, not out of obligation, forced, but seriously LOVE to spend time with You Jesus.
Man, what Oswald Chambers wrote is so right, we're ridiculously ungrateful and prideful. We speak of sacrifice when everything we have is given by God. It is a privilege to serve and be able to talk with Him and yet so often I am so ungrateful to the God who ought to strike me dead at His feet but was SO merciful and loving that instead He came to die for me. He gave His all for me and I am loved by Him.
Seriously sometimes I think about how amazing it is that He chose me and led me out of the darkness into the light. I am astounded and baffled as to why He would choose me but at the same time when I realize that, so grateful that He has though I am unworthy.

Last night we also came upon the subject of demon possession/oppression and when I went home, being the scardy-cat that I am and being alone in the house didn't help either, was completely afraid that something like that would happen to me.
So naturally, I prayed.
Even though I was scared, I asked for His peace which He gives freely and willingly and for His Holy Spirit to rest upon me. Somewhere in there, He reassured me of His love. He reminded that I will never be separated from His love. So even if I become demon possessed, even if I fall away from faith, fall away from Him, even if my mind utters blasphemy against Him, He said to me, "Wendy, my love for you will never change." His love for me will never change.

"By this we shall know that we are of the truth and reassure our heart before him; for whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and he knows everything." 1 John 3:19-20

He calls me by name. He already knows everything. What astounding mercy and love. There is no one like Him. Lord, will You sanctify me by Your truth, Your Word is truth. Jesus help me to grow more and more and more and more and more in You Lord. I love You Jesus, thank You for Your love for me first:) In Jesus' name I pray, AMEN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment