Monday, October 26, 2009

Should Christians Say That Their Aim Is to Convert Others to Faith in Christ?

Should Christians Say That Their Aim Is to Convert Others to Faith in Christ?

While reading this I came across Pastor Piper's expansion in his second point:

2. Christian conversion involves winning people from treasuring anything above Christ to full devotion to Christ. Though God is decisive in changing people’s affections (Jeremiah 24:7), Paul says his aim is to win people.
To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak. (1 Corinthians 9:22)
Basically Pastor Piper is talking about how God uses us, His people, to reach others through His power so that they would put Christ above all else. That He'd be their utmost treasure.
While reading myself a realization hit me that even as His child I find myself also constantly having to ask Him again and again that He'd be seated on the throne in me and not myself or anything else. It's interesting how even as Christians we need to continually be renewed in Him and remind ourselves that He MUST be our greatest desire because He's the only one who's worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment